We Didn't Want To Come Here is a song set to the tune of We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel. It lists lots of happenings from the time of Year Seven and Eight.
Historical items referred to in the songEdit
Though the lyrics are rapid-fire with several people and events mentioned in a single word each, there is widespread agreement on the meaning of the lyric.
- Siva Prakash's Hobble Wobble
- The chess variant Four Way Chess
- Take a Poo in Room 102
- Memorising pi
- Gatty getting super pumped: Gatt's hulk-like tendency to lose it when playing sport.
- The phrase Mamabii, coined by Siva
- Rick Astley
- Peggle and Chicken Invaders: two gaming crazes
- Truth or Dare
- Sunday ride
- Cherry, Jacob, Larry
- Siva getting married: Siva getting into a facebook marriage.
- Wookiee: The Star Wars characters and Brad Davison, due to his legs
- Track Mania
- Olivia: Olivia Monacella being a new student at school
- Visual Arts: a great class in 2011
- Ryan's farts: a common occurence
- Ayden and Charley: hitting it off on the way back from Band Camp
- Such a Waste: For many years, songwriters Liam Tullett and Michael Rehfisch were completely unable to remember what the lyric 'Such a Waste' was referring to. Rehfisch finally remembered some years later, recalling that it referred to a poster stuck to the outside of a schcool building created by Liam, which was later removed. Most lunchtimes Liam and Michael would walk to where the poster was, look longingly at its absense and remark "Such a waste" before shaking their heads and walking away.
Zoe criticised the song because she wasn't in it but the writers replied by saying she "hadn't done anything" memorable.